Welcome to the Queen's University Belfast Amateur Radio & Electronics Society
Hello and welcome to the brand new website for the brand new Amateur Radio & Electronics Society at the Queen's University of Belfast in the UK. Through experimentation, teaching, good practice, and occasional craic, we aim to expand the number of Licensed Radio Amateurs in the university, and offer a base for students and the public to play with electronics and radio projects, which would previously be unavailable informally at Queen's.
What we're offering
The Society aims to offer the following to its members:
- A place for radio enthusiasts to come and meet up
- Extremely low-cost RSGB-certified amateur radio courses to allow members to become licensed to transmit
- Resources and equipment to experiment and research into radio and electronics
- A base for planning and implementing projects and events
- A round-table discussion venue to meet like-minded people and interesting faces
- A good time once in a while!